Sunday, September 17, 2017

Writing, Football, Nature, and Selling a Book or Two

With football in full swing and the last of summer visitors at our house, seems I am not getting much writing done. 

Speaking of football nothing beats watching the grandkids play sports - here my grandson gets ready to kick off last Friday in a Jr High game


Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the company and football it just cuts back on writing productivity. Where we live in Wyoming winters can be tough, hard to do much, even get out of the house, that is when my writing picks up to its greatest level. See my books here.

Right now I am satisfied with three or four thousand words a week, including posts like this gem. J
Our Gardens still have quite a lot of color but also some brown


What am I working on?  Mostly my third Blade Holmes western mystery and the fourth in my series of kids chapter books. The kid's chapter books do not sell as well as the Blade Holmes books, actually not even close, but they are fun to write. I will carry on this afternoon and evening with one eye on the TV screen watching football and the other slowly adding to my working copies. I know this type of multitasking goes against conventional writing wisdom of writing, but I have done it for so many years it seems natural.


And if I tire of both? We will take a drive and possibly a short hike or walk – wonderful way to recharge the writing batteries.


Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. John Muir



No comments: