Thursday, September 14, 2017

Mystery Book Cover Change

When in doubt, change the cover. At least that has been the conventional wisdom with many authors. What does that mean? If the writer believes the book is a good one, but it is not selling, try changing the cover or the text on the back cover. I liked the back cover text but was never in love with the cover, so I changed it, at least on the eBook. If Ebook sales or page reads on Kindle Unlimited pick up, I will change the cover on the soft cover book also.



This book, Ghost of the Fawn, has been my only attempt at young adult fiction. Those that have read it (not enough) have been mostly older readers and I received a lot of nice comments from them. I don’t want to give up on trying to sell it, not just yet. Maybe I should have been reaching for an older more traditional audience, the people that read my historical mysteries come to mind.

The new cover, shown here

will be a few days in arriving at my Amazon author site – hope it helps, it’s a really good story. Now back to work on one of my works in progress.



Now that we are experiencing some cooler weather in the evenings we have been enjoying some outside time as the sun sets.



No comments: