Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I Got That Writing Feeling

No, Not Yet

Last year we were in Branson Missouri the second week of November. While there we attended several of the, just opened for the season, Christmas shows. The shows were excellent, but it seemed too early for us. Around our house, nothing Christmas started before Thanksgiving. So, where am I leading with all of this? I’m trying to polish off my second book of Christmas short stories, and the time of year makes it a bit hard for me.  Seems like I should be working on a golf mystery or an old west Fourth of July shootout when it's so warm out.

My first book of 14 tales came out two years ago and I felt like the time was right for a second book. This one is scheduled for 10 stories and I am more than halfway there. Hope I can make it. If you didn’t get a chance to look at my first book of Christmas stories you can read the first story for free - here.
Old Book Cover but this is the first one

Word Count – In other writing news, my word count is up, way up, must be fall. The past few days I have averaged nearly 2,000 words a day, a nice amount for me.  Now, if I can only keep it up.

Scattered Mind – Might be because I’m always working on several projects at the same time that has helped me get back to work. I spent one day recently, on my kid's chapter book, two days on my western mystery, and a day on my new humorous, I hope, nonfiction book. I blame my multi-tasking mind, the one I call scattered, on my 42 most enjoyable years as a high school teacher.

Sunset in Guernsey State Park this weekend

Hope everyone who writes is getting their nose to the grindstone and all readers have found a superb book. 
Dropped off the grandson at the ranch yesterday evening after school and FB practice

No comments: