Monday, December 13, 2021

Writing Time Again

 Writing – Still writing at a pace of about 1,000 words per day. That is about the best I can do, and for me satisfactory. In the last week, my best day was 1,950, and the lowest was 540. For many years I was writing anywhere from a quarter of a million words up to my highest output, 320,000.


Reading – Rereading Ron Scheer's most entertaining book on early western writers – How the West Was Written.  Enjoying it as much as I did my first read a few years ago.


Weather – Another nice snow this week, eight inches from late Friday to early Saturday. That snow gives us a total of 28 inches thus far. Not bad!


Quote of the day - "Read, read, read. Read everything--trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it, just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window." --  William Faulkner


Today's Photos – All shot over the past two or three weeks – Wyoming is a most photogenic state.

Have a terrific week everyone - Might be a great time to get your Christmas shopping finished. I know, pretty early yet. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: