Friday, December 21, 2018

Writers Block in the Movies

Merry Christmas

Our Special DayToday is our 50th Anniversary. We spent the afternoon in one of our favorite places – up in the Laramie Range. All of today's photos are from today's four-hour outing. Except for the one above, which was taken on a  summer trip to the Blackhills, another of our favorite places. 

20 Miles west of town and going uphill - usual traffic

Not So Deep Thoughts On Writing
- This time of year my wife and I try to watch a Christmas movie every night. We also love listening to Christmas music. I know that some people bash these movies and the music, but not us. Are all of the movies and songs good? Nope. But we still watch and listen. Might be the older we get, the more nostalgia takes over.
I am surprised each year at how many of the movies are about writers and some type of writer's block they are afflicted with. Seems to me that, according to the movies, getting over writer's block is easy. Writers need to simply move back home and find a new boyfriend or girlfriend – problem solved and best seller on the way.

Writing Quote There’s no such thing as writer’s block. That was invented by people in California who couldn’t write.
Terry Pratchett
Six Bulls far away from the herd


What Am I Working On? Finished the fourth book in my kid's chapter books series. I am waiting on copies to send to my beta readers. Now a restart on the third of my Blade Holmes western mysteries.


From the Old West –  Be thankful for fools. Without them, none of us would amount to a damn.    



 -and-
Follow me here on twitter at @wyohistoryguy


Keep on Reading and keep on Writing
Merry Christmas Everyone!







No comments: