Sunday, December 30, 2018

A Writing Year

There Goes 2018 – Like so many people, as the year comes to an end, it is time to do a bit of looking back. This year seemed to be a slow down year for me. We didn’t travel as much, I took a few thousand fewer photographs, and I did not write as much as I have in the past.


Writing Year – I have written 250,000+ words each year since 2012 – this year about half of that. I posted on this site 43 times down from 59 last year. The other sites I post quite a lot on really took a dive. My Wyoming history blog went from 27 posts a year ago to seven this year. My Guernsey State Park blog went from 21 posts down to three. I did manage to publish a couple of books this year, although much of the writing on one was completed in 2017.

2019 Goals? – Looks like I could use some goals for the next year. Like most Americans, I would like to lose a few pounds and get in better shape. That being said, what about writing goals?

Writing Goals – I would like to get, at least, back to my quarter million words a year mark. I would also like to publish another book in my kid's chapter books series and another of my Blade Holmes western mysteries. I also hope to finish at least one other novel and work on my nonfiction book and continue writing short stories. Wow – that’s a lot of writing, hope I can do it.

From the Old West When a cowboy’s too old to set a bad example, he hands out good advice.

Photo of the Week –
From the Narrows at Guernsey State Park

 And
Follow me here on twitter at @wyohistoryguy


Keep on Reading and keep on Writing
Have a wonderful New Year.



1 comment:

Angel charls said...

Instagram users have recently been complaining about a new error message that says "Try Again Later." The ‘Try Again Later' problem is similar to the Instagram action block bug we recently discussed. The main reason why you encounter this problem is that you’ve been too spammy lately: liked lots of posts, commented on many people, followed/unfollowed too many Instagrammers, or sent multiple direct messages within a short span of time. Instagram believes you're a bot and is limiting your behaviour to discourage spam-like conduct. If you've encountered this problem as well, keep reading to learn why this error occurs and how to resolve it.
-----------------------------------
Bellen Instagram Klantenservice