Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Create Space Publishing


“Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.”
—George Orwell

Well, I found help, help for the writing pain, especially if you are going the self-pub route. Rick Smith’s, Create Space & Kindle Self –Publishing Masterclass, is the only resource needed if you wish to publish on Amazon in either print or for e-readers.

The blurp on the front cover says, “The Step by Step Author’s Guide to Writing. Publish and Marketing Your Books on Amazon. I believe this says it all.

My current, work in progress, yes, I know I am supposed to use WP, but I still like to write it out. But I digress, my current nonfiction work in progress will have more than 100 photos and about 30,000 words. That could be a formatting nightmare, but thanks to Mr. Smith, and his book, I have made it through. Will publish by June 1.

Summer slows down my writing – too many distractions

 

 

1 comment:

Oscar Case said...

I haven't tried any illustrations or photos but from reading the instructions it can be a nightmare for a novice like me. I've been using Create Space for my last four books and I found it to be easy and convenient for getting the books to market.