Monday, May 26, 2014

A Trip Home


Often stories take hold because of a setting, a special setting. Seems easy to write about place, if you can picture it. What better way to picture a place, than to visit it, again.

Sometimes a trip down memory lane is good for the mind and soul. We got to see old friends, and as my dad used to put it, I got “back to the old stomping grounds”.
This is the road, not a drive - very little use

Actually not only my, old stomping grounds, but my dad’s, and his family. Although I did spend the first few years of my life in this house, now abandoned for more than half a century.

 
I have lived much of my adult life in Wyoming and find it a beautiful and fascinating state.   My trip down memory lane was in northeast Nebraska where I was born and later taught for more than a decade. Most people wouldn’t recognize this ruggedly beautiful area as Nebraska. Unspoiled by resorts, getaways or people, what a great place.
 
A trip back home - old friends, old places, memories for a lifetime.

 

No comments: