Tuesday, May 2, 2023


To say it has been a while since I last posted on this site would be quite an understatement. But, yes, it has been a while – nearly eight months and that is a long time for a blog I consider active.

Excuses – Excuses - Poor health and surgery behind me and yes, I am getting better and once again feeling nearly like my old self. And, I am writing again, quite a bit – several hundred words each day.



Working away - I am also doing my final edit on the third of my Blade Holmes western mysteries. This one has been in the works for years. At last, I may soon, or someday, get this one published. I am also on the final edit of my, senior reader (third in the series) Walking for health book. Along with those two, I am writing a fourth senior book – this one about growing up three-quarters of a century ago. As always, I have other projects – more toward the back burner going. These projects include some Wyoming History and maybe, another in my children’s book series. Who knows, I am feeling good again.

Today’s photos - from my walks last week.



Western quote of the day –

“For West is where we all plan to go someday. It is where you go when the land gives out and the old-field pines encroach. It is where you go when you get the letter saying: Flee, all is discovered. It is where you go when you look down at the blade in your hand and the blood on it. It is where you go when you are told that you are a bubble on the tide of empire. It is where you go when you hear that thar's gold in them-thar hills. It is where you go to grow up with the country. It is where you go to spend your old age. Or it is just where you go.”

Robert Penn Warren    -- All the King’s Men




That’s it for today. I will be back soon. Have a great day and a super week.

 

No comments: