Monday, March 14, 2022

A Time to Regroup

 Two weeks of Covid, a week or more of recovery, and then what we felt like was a well-deserved vacation. And that, my friends and readers, is what we have been up to lately.

I didn't get much writing done during the past month. It seems I spent two weeks sleeping or trying to, and then two weeks regaining my strength and enjoying a trip through New Mexico and Arizona. 

The Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico

I did see sites and hear some stories that could find their way into my writing at some time in the future. I wanted to spend time hiking, photographing, and experiencing the desert near Tucson.

Flicker on a Saguaro Cactus

It was all we hoped it would be – loved it. 

We spent several terrific days hiking in Saguaro National Park


Sometimes taking time away is a good thing – I hope that is my case.

 

A man working the river in the Gila Wilderness New Mexico

"It is a good thing for everyone who can possibly do so to get away at least once a year for a change of scene. I do not want to get into the position of not being able to see the forest because of the thickness of the trees."    Franklin Roosevelt

No comments: