Saturday, July 10, 2021

My word count is on fire

                                            Me standing in a 4th of July Nebraska cornfield - back home where I grew up.


It's summer, and here in Wyoming, we are experiencing a typical summer, hot and dry. Seems that is how my writing is going hot, as in getting lots of words on paper, or dry, the words are drying up. Right now, as of the last few days, I am running hot. That is a good thing.


As is normal for me, I am spending quite a bit of time in my gardens. A summer passion that I cannot be without.


Writing Question and Answer

What is more important in writing, idea, or plot? The plot deals with the timeline and events of the story, while the idea is all about the theme. For me it is about the idea because within the idea are the characters that drive the story. 

Writing Update

I have one new book ready for publication, another almost ready, and a third, which I will be finishing soon. I likely will hold out until fall, and publish all three books over a period of a couple of weeks. 

For all the fans of my Blade Holmes western mysteries, the finished book above is indeed a third in that series. Come August or September you will see it. 

I have mentioned here, several times, that the third Blade Holmes would be my last in that series - don't hold me to it, I have a new idea. Maybe!


Enjoy the summer, and when it is too hot to be outside settle in with a good book. 


2 comments:

Bzyhouse said...

Love the pictures, especially the cornfield one!

Neil A. Waring said...

Only a couple hundred yards up the road from your house.