Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A Writing Day

I am still working on trying to get more words on my WIP each day.


Seems I have settled into a routine when I write only around 500 words a day. Weekends are the worst because we have lots of things we like to do and some we don’t want on weekends. Weekends have often been zero word days, now I am trying to write some on both Saturday and Sunday, even if it only amounts to a page of 250-300 words.

Yesterday for the first time in quite a while I got close to 2,000 words – wish I could do that every day.

I am also trying to take more breaks,  get up and walk around more often as I write, might keep me fresh.


I am approaching 50,000 words on my WIP (work in progress, for my new readers) this book will end under 60,000, which means I am getting close. But then ugg, editing. 

Along with my writing, I have been able to get out for a few hours with my camera. Photos were all taken this week and within a few minutes of our house.




2 comments:

jrlindermuth said...

Writing every day is more important than the number of words. Better a few good words than more you'd want to cull later.

Neil A. Waring said...

You are right about that! I just can't help myself from counting.