Friday, February 23, 2018

Writing, Walking, Laughing, and Selling Books


The sun is shining, and maybe, just maybe, some of the snow will melt this afternoon. One thing about an extended cold snap – lots of time to write, and I have been taking advantage of it. I am working mostly on my non-fiction Fort Laramie book, but thinking about digging out one of my work in progress fiction books to change it up a little bit. Maybe fiction in the morning and nonfiction in the afternoon?

On Turning 70 - My Newest book, a look at turning 70, a combination of tongue in cheek humor and reminisces is available and has started to sell a few copies – only .99 as an ebook. Click to see.


A Smile on a Cool February Day
Have you heard that Wrangler and Levi Strauss started manufacturing electric jeans!

We had to chop up the piano for firewood - but we only got two chords. (Sorry for that one)

Two old cowboys, wearing every stitch of warm clothes they could find, walked toward the barn attempting to talk about the weather. It was not working, their words were freezing in the air. At last, exasperated, the two each grabbed a handful of the frozen sentences and took them back to the bunkhouse, sat by the fire and waited for the words to thaw by the fire before they knew what they were talking about.
Watched these two young ladies Tuesday afternoon

Book Sales – Not as strong as last month but still doing fine – thank you, it is rewarding to see books sold online every day. If it has been a while since you checked my author site on Amazon – click here and take a look at my ten books, and one short story. Each book has a click to read a free sample – pretty cool!
 
Super Sunset last week

Exercise in Expectation of Warm Days to Come - Once we have a few nice days I will start thinking about playing golf again. I played a few times in December, not at all in January and have got out once for nine holes this month. My wife and I are on a new quest, to walk 100 miles, exercise-extra walking, by the first of May. Should be able to make it, only an average of a mile and a half a day. Not a lot, but pretty good for an old codger like me.

Meanwhile, keep on reading and keep on writing.
Our view from a hike in the park




No comments: