Sunday, October 9, 2016

Writing Short Stories and a Walk to Refresh

Sometimes when I should be writing, but it is too nice to stay inside, my wife, and I go for a hike. We planned on two or three miles but went for four, a bit tiring but the day was spectacular.
Clear skies and a day to see for Miles and Miles

We spend as much time as we can outside and constantly marvel at the beauty that can be found in nature.

Whether it is landscape or animals seems there is always something to see. Sometimes even a simple rock can stop me as I walk.
Well Hello There

“The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.”  -Mary Pettibone Poole-

“If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.”  Rudyard Kipling

Throughout my years of teaching, I was always proud when a colleague said they could never teach like I do because they just were not a story teller. I loved it when a student told me they loved my classes because I was a story teller and they had never been in a class with a storyteller before. I guess that is what turns storytellers into writers.

I seem to have an endless supply of stories, one of the reasons I am a fan of short stories, which brings me to my last point. A few weeks ago I published a short story and gave it away on Amazon for five days, after the giveaway, it continues to sell well at .99 cents, and for that I am grateful.

Here is the .99 cent short


Good enough sales and downloads that I believe I will try another in a few weeks.

Meanwhile keep on reading and keep on writing. My online western writer friend Oscar Case, you can find him here, posted a few reviews from a book of short stories called, The Mammoth Book of Westerns. I could not help myself. I bought it and now cannot put it down.



No comments: