Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Trip to The Wild Animal Sanctuary

Today, a different kind of post. I took off a few days this last week, didn't write a word for six days. It was refreshing, but I missed it and am ready to write again. Maybe I will come up with something I like. 

In the summer we spend a lot of time making what we call day trips, fun, but we are back to sleep in our beds. We have been into the Black Hills, two and a half hours away, Estes Park, three hours away and taken many trips into the mountains 45 minutes west of us. Last weekend we made a most memorable trip. Read below and see what I mean. 


I most likely will never make it to Africa, but I did make it to the incredible Wild Animal Sanctuary in Colorado. The sanctuary is a huge affair giving the animals, all rescued, acres and acres to roam.


It is the oldest and largest Sanctuary of its kind in the United States.

The Wild Animal Sanctuary is located near Fort Lupton, Hudson, and Keenesburg, Colorado.


We spent an enjoyable afternoon there last weekend, complete with three grandkids in tow. Second trip this year and we will go back.
The Animals Seemed To Enjoy the Great Weather as Much as We Did


Take a look here – www.wildanimalsanctuary.org


No comments: