Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Well - It's A New Year

I mentioned here last week, on my first 2016 post, that I was going to attempt to keep track of both my writing,  the number of words, and reading, name and number of books. 
Watching the Bison - Research and Photo Ops
 Something I can do even when it's cold outside
At the end of yesterday, eleven days into the new year, I had written, 14,815 words, an average of 1,347 per day. That number seems to work out close for my goal of a half million words this year – hope I can keep it up. My reading, about the same pace as always is not bad. I have set a goal to read three books a month or 50 books this year. My biggest problem with reading is that I continually read more than one book at a time. Here is what I am reading now.
Time to read when the lights come on in our little town
1.   Fort Laramie – Military Bastion of the High Plains ( one-third through this one) by Douglas C. McChristian
2.   Cabin Fever – by B. M Bower (half way)
3.   Cowmen and Rustlers -  A story of the Wyoming Cattle Ranges – By Edward S. Ellis
4.   Force of Nature – by C. J. Box (Travel book on CDs listening, I have read it but I like the narrator and enjoy this as our present car book)

These books are different enough that I do not have any trouble keeping them separated in my mind, cluttered that it might be.

I should be able to finish all of these before the end of the month. I have stacked three books, as my next ones on my bookshelf, and will probably add at least one EBook.
Speaking of Books - Here is the Link to my Western

I am in my second edit of my YA modern western/mystery, and am through the first draft of an introduction to my new nonfiction book and working on the first chapter. Still not finished with the first phase of research for the second half of the book, which also keeps me busy.
Getting my ducks - er- a - deer all in a row


I am keeping busy and with the weather turning mild for the next ten days it looks like I will be able to continue walking. I have been out with my camera, as usual, and have taken a bit over two hundred shots so far this year. I will keep 70-80 percent of these in folders on my computer.  The random photos on today's post are 2016 shots. 
Nice color at sunset yesterday
 sun setting behind a post -- patching together an old fence

No comments: