Sunday, October 19, 2014

Great Western Line


Not sure if anyone ever rated, The Proving Trail, as one of Louis L’Amour’s best novels. I like to read what I classify as western mysteries and this is a good one.  I love this line from the novel, to me it is one of the best lines that late Mr. L’Amour ever put on paper.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.”
In my life I have done that a couple of times, changed directions, took another trail and you know what? Never regretted it. Who knows? Maybe I will try it again, just because I am retired, it’s never too late to saddle a new horse and ride a new trail.

3 comments:

Robin I. said...

That is a good line--also classically Western!

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks, that is what I thought too.

Oscar Case said...

Haven't read "The Proving Trail", but I like the line. That's what makes life interesting.