Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Writing Break and the Great Crain Migration

So where have I been the last week? Well, I have been on vacation. We went to Grand Island, Nebraska to see the Sandhill Crain migration.
Crains & Cows


Spectacular there were more than 200,000 birds, I would guess we saw three or four thousand.
Dancing for the Ladies


We also went to the south-east corner of Nebraska to see family. I got to spend some time with brother, sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-laws and various others and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Now I am back home writing and editing.
Always Great Nebraska Barns to Photograph and Edit


I am also excited about being part of a documentary for the Wyoming State Parks, Historical Sites and Cultural Resources. I have finished my book, still with a reader/editor, on the Civilian Conservation Corps and this is the subject of the new documentary. The CCC not my book.
The CCC Worker Statue and the Museum - also the cover of my new book

And, by the way, 85 degrees here in my part of Wyoming today.



2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

Enough birds to drive you crazy. Wen is your book on the CCC coming out?

Neil A. Waring said...

Hoping the book will be complete and for sale by the middle of May, not bad for me only a year later than the original plan.