Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Photo Time or Edit Time

Someone asked me last week if I was a professional photographer, I said, “nope but I am a professional photo taker.” I took about 9,000 shots last year and was lucky enough to have a few picked up for use by organizations or other media outlets. I am always glad to oblige when people ask for some of my photos.  Looks like I may have a couple of book covers this year.
15 Minutes from town on a photo quest

I spend a lot of time out in the country looking for photo opportunities, some days are good, some not much to shoot. But every day is enjoyable. This takes up part of my writing time but it also clears my mind when I get outside. I especially enjoy going out when I am editing because editing hurts my brain. But I am just about done, three books, two young reader and one nonfiction. And yes, these are the same projects I have been blogging about since January. But I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, there is an end in sight.
Mountains on a frosty morning - but not too early

Editing is hard work. I enjoy writing but when I am done with something I want to write something else, but then the old editing red pen creeps in.
Think I will go look for some wild turkey tomorrow they are starting to move around, maybe a few other shoots, only a hundred or so.
The river the wagons west followed - The North Platte



Then back to editing.
If old houses could talk - what a tail they would tell
Bull Elk in the warming sun

3 comments:

Oscar Case said...

Your photography shines today. I especially like the road out of town.

Oscar Case said...

Your photography shines today. I especially like the road out of town.

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks Oscar, I love the road out of town myself