Monday, May 18, 2015

Writing and Vultures

Seems like the more writing blogs I read the more mixed up I become. Outlining or not outlining, traditional publish or self-publish. EBook or no ebook. How much should an editor do? Maybe a good proofreader is enough.
Sometimes I wonder why I read so many of these posts. Oh, I guess it is because I am always looking for one or two great tips. So today I will vary from my usual words of wisdom. That was a bit of a lame joke attempt.

 Not sure this has anything to do with writing but I had to post this great photo. Saw a wonderful vulture photo a few days ago and mentioned in the comments that I had always wanted to get a shot like this. Well, lucky me. Last evening I took this.
Sometimes when we hike these guys follow us - maybe they know something we don't

In the country the darkness of night is friendly and familiar, but in a city, with its blaze of lights, is is unnatural, hostile and menacing, It is like a monstrous vulture that hovers, biding its time. W. Somerset Maugham
More than a bit of wind on the lake last evening



1 comment:

Oscar Case said...

I liked the pictures of the vulture and the lake. Some of these birds were transplanted from California to Northern Arizona a few years ago and the last I heard the were doing fine. Nice quote from Maugham.