Wednesday, January 18, 2017

It’s That Writing Time of Year


Winter time seems to be the best time for me to write. A few years ago, okay, a long time ago, I liked winter, looked forward to it. Once upon a time I skied, ice fished a bit, enjoyed winter. Now my favorite place in winter is in my recliner or at my desk with my laptop. Guess that means winter is my best writing time.

What about the other seasons. Fall – football games can be distracting, but I seem to get quite a bit done in fall. Spring, I like to get outside, garden, lawn, golf course, and warmer weather. Summer, well, summer is tough for all writers. Too many distractions.


So here I am in the middle of winter, and it seems like I am getting quite a bit of writing done. No real distractions now that Christmas has come and gone and it’s 2017. Oh, there is a handful of meaningless, pro football games left, a new guy taking over as President, spring training around the corner, and of course it’s that time of year to get ready for April tax paying day.

It’s still winter, as I look out the window, so, back to one of my works in progress.


So, how about you? What time of year is your writing time?

It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.

- Robert Benchley-
If it's cold in your part of the world today, read a great book, or write a few terrific lines.

No comments: