Saturday, January 2, 2016

Off to a Good Start

I have always thought of myself as an avid reader. Now with the end of another year I am reading more and more posts of what others read last year. I read 30-50 books a year, some of the posters read 100 plus. Now that is reading. All good writers read a lot, but I think, reading two books a week is exceptional.  I have always believed that good writing went hand in hand with reading, looks to be true.
Maybe it helps to have a terrific reading room
This year, for the first time, I will attempt to keep track of my reading. Might not be as much as I want or believed, but I will keep track. I often spend hours in research for my nonfiction work, and that takes time so I will need to find more time – somewhere.
Seems that quite a few writers also keep track of words wrote for the year. Something else I do not do, but I have tried. This year I will give it another shot.

There they are, two ideas for the New Year, not really resolutions, but I will give it a go. Looking at it maybe they are resolutions – oh well!

We had a great start to the year joining in the national state parks, first-day hike activities. We took the three mile plus hike in Guernsey State Park with about 50 others. We started with temperatures in the teens, but with the bright sun and lack of wind, it was a near perfect day. It was a good way to start the year, now I need to get reading and writing – hey, that’s a pretty good way to go.


Need a good read? Click on the photo of  my five books?

 Need a good read?

I have a new mystery coming in February to be followed by, I hope, two other books this year.
I hope you are off to a great start by a warm fire in 2016
Photo from the Castle the mid-way point of our first day hike

No comments: