Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Summertime and the Writing is Slow

Some days, okay, most days I am glad I don't have to make a living as a writer. I do consider myself a full time writer but I have an income other than from writing, and boy am I glad. Last month was terrific but this month is starting slow, only a handful of sales so far. 


I am just too distracted by things other than writing in the summer, hiking,  playing golf, photographer and spending time with kids and grand-kids seems to occupy most of my time. Oh - and then there is the lawn and garden, they take no time in the winter. This summer we are tackling painting the house also. No wonder I am not getting much writing done. 


Seems like most of my writing is now late at night and about an hour is all I can squeeze in before sleep comes calling. In winter I will write up to 3,000 words a day, now maybe a couple of hundred. Need a few more rain days,  miserable type days so I can get some work done. 


I am closing in on completion of my Christmas Short Story book and it looks like it will be out as planned this fall. Where I am falling badly behind is with my new nonfiction book, still researching and the going is slow, hope it does not take the two years my CCC book did. 


Enjoy the outdoors, it's summertime!
My wife enjoying a cool mountain stream

2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

And the dog days are coming. God luck on your sales.

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks, Oscar I just keep plugging along.