Sunday, January 11, 2015

Formatting and Editing

This week I spent all my writing time, editing and formatting my nonfiction book. Formatting a 270 page book with more than 100 photos can be a pain, and it is. Word does not always like to put photos or captions where I want or need them, but I am learning more about how it works. Not sure I will be doing another book with so many pictures anytime soon. I might be reaching a bit with that as I have a finished, children’s book, with 20, or so, pictures.
I am eager to finish up these two books and get on with the two westerns that I have ready for final formatting and editing. I work at a rate of only about four or five pages an hour right now, hope to double that production soon. Who knows? Maybe for an old retired history teacher, four or five pages an hour is the new record.
Back at it in the morning. Hope to finish both of these projects by the end of the months, not a new year’s resolution, but a goal.

Meanwhile I will leave with a photo of my little town from Roundtop Mountain, about three miles away. 

2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

Haven't tried the picture thing yet after reading some instructions. Your town has a nice stream running by. What river is it? Not the Sweetwater?

Neil A. Waring said...

That is the North Platte River, the Railroad Bridge in the photo is a half mile north of the Oregon Trail. The Mormon Trail in this area is two miles north of the spot I took this photo.