Saturday, July 15, 2017

Coming Soon - My Tenth Book


After doing little writing the past several weeks, something happened – I started again. Not too fast mind you, but I am spending some time at it. Two days in a row with over a thousand words. Those two-thousand plus words are more than I wrote the entire month of June. Guess I was on vacation and didn’t know it.

Seems lately I have been reading quite a lot and some of it about writing and editing, maybe that is starting to sink in. Now it’s time for some goals. First, actually my only goal so far, is to publish my next book, it will be my tenth, before September first. If I keep working, I might make it.

Lawrence Block, who created one of my all-time favorite fictional characters Bernie Rhodenbarr, might have said it best when it comes to taking time off from writing.

"I tell myself that I’m going to do my five or 10 pages no matter what and that I can always tear them up the following morning if I want. I’ll have lost nothing — writing and tearing up five pages would leave me no further behind than if I took the day off.”


Lawrence Block in Writer’s Digest


Blue Herron - Looking for a snack in the mud

No comments: