Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Write More in 2015

Not sure my writing total of a bit over 100,000 words was enough this year. In the past couple of weeks I have read two posts by authors that wrote over a million words in 2014.  Not sure I could ever get close to this but am hoping to get close to 250,000 in 2015.
 I have an advantage over many writers and would be writers, because I don’t need to sell anything. I live comfortably on retirement and occasionally substitute teach in the local district to pick up what we old folks used to call, “a little pin money.”
I have been lucky to publish many short stories and travel pieces over the years but still have high hopes for a novel. So 2015, will be the year!
At present I have a non-fiction, local history, being edited with publishing coming, I hope, in February. When that is complete, I will work on the two novels I have completed and two completed volumes of short stories.
 Who knows? If everything goes great I might get a few books out this year – and maybe write a bit more.
“I was sorry to hear my name mentioned as one of the great authors, because they have a sad habit of dying off. Chaucer is dead, so is Milton, so is Shakespeare, and I am not feeling very well myself.
- Mark Twain

Freezing up North of Town


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

You've already accomplished quite a bit, Neil, but good luck on your plans for 2015! You can do it!

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks Oscar, Happy New Year.