Monday, December 8, 2014

Maybe That Old Boy Hemingway is Right

Ernest Hemingway gave the following advice to help with writer’s block. “The best way is always to stop when you are going good and when you know what will happen next. If you do that every day when you are writing a novel you will never be stuck. That is the most valuable thing I can tell you so try to remember it.”
Some of my writer friends and I often write until we are stumped then go to bed and sleep on it. Funny that seems to never work. I have a tough time stopping if I am on a roll. Seems Hemingway thinks you quit when you are ahead. He seemed to do okay, maybe he has something here.
By the way my checker didn't like Hemingway using good instead of well.
That’s my two cents for today time to ride off into this evenings Laramie Range sunset.
Photo Taken Four Miles Northwest of Town



2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

I should have read that before I stopped, so I'm in a block right now.

Neil A. Waring said...

I get a block once in a while myself. I think it is too hard to stop when you know where the story is going.