Friday, January 18, 2013

Novel Complete and Will Rogers Too


My novel is complete (83,000+ words). I have finished my rewrites and now must decide if I want it edited professionally and how to find an editor if I go that route. I believe every writer should, but it can be cost prohibitive.

Also time for a query letter-could take awhile to finish it the way I want.

And some Friday fun-

ü Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.

ü  Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.

ü  Always drink upstream from the herd.

ü  There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

ü  If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there

ü  Never miss a good chance to shut up.

-Will Rogers-

3 comments:

Oscar Case said...

Congratulations on the finish! Just a little bit more to go. Will Rogers was a funny guy before his time.

Seriously Though said...

congratulations on writing a complete novel. I have tried to do that about four times, but I never finished any stories that I started. I can also say "yep" to all of your friday fun tips.

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks guys, I just posted again about finishing a book.

Oscar- I posted a five star review for "Posse Justice," on Amazon