Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Writing Word Goals and Misadventures

I set a goal to write 1,000 words a day this week - well, I wrote over 1,000, but it took three days. Summertime gives me too many excuses, and my writing suffers.

View on a recent hike - North Platte River, 3 miles from home


Like many people, I often find reasons to spend more time outside, because who doesn't love summer? This does set my writing back, but I do keep up with my reading.

I find that both walking every day, and writing every day helps me to clear my mind - really quite therapeutic


A bit of rest at the halfway point of a hike

Golf, hiking, walking, gardening, photography, and short trips seem to be part of my DNA when summer arrives.

The old days

But, someday, I hope not too soon - cold will return, and I might actually write 1,000 words a day - again.

 
                                                Part of one of our backyard gardens

No comments: