Thursday, July 25, 2019

Back to Work


I may be back, or at least I hope I’m back. With a little luck, a fast horse, the grace of God, and lots of fair weather and sunshine, I am going to attempt, again, a five or six times a month blog post.

It’s been a long year. I have dealt with things I never wanted to, none of us do. Family, health, finances, aging, the same things all of us have, or will have to deal with at some point in our lives. I didn't handle any of them well and wrote only a handful of blog posts and little of anything else in an entire year. I have several books in various states, one a finished rough draft, one 80% complete and another off to a good start. Goal - I will finish something before the year's end.


Did I learn anything from my time off? Yes. The less I did, the more my sales fell – I know, shocking. I also kind of missed the three or four thousand words a week I was writing.

Thank you to all my patient readers who keep asking when the next book or blog is coming. Looks like there will be more.

Today’s photos are from an enjoyable drive and hike last weekend into Wyoming's Laramie Range west of where we live.


Now back to work on the third in the series of my Blade Holme’s Western Mysteries, this one, tentatively titled after a completed rough draft - Wendover


3 comments:

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

"I have several books in various states, one a finished rough draft, one 80% complete and another off to a good start."

Well, better than me. I have one in the works that's maybe 10% complete. I temporarily shut my main blog down for a few days and found I wrote a lot.

I should focus more on my novel, so I could get to my second novel, and those history works I've been meaning to do. So you're doing great.

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks, seems I just gave up for a bit - like my mom used to say, "The Golden Year's are not always so golden." But, I am off and running again. Hope you finish
up your book soon.

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

I don't know what you have found, and I'd be curious as you have a few years on me (I'm 56 right now), but I've found that life simply doesn't get any easier.

I hear some people claim that upon retirement this is different, and indeed statistically the retired demographic is the happiest, apparently, in American society. Seems like in my profession nobody retires, but I'm hoping that at least that statistic is true. Not that I'm close.

Indeed, with two kids heading off to university, I'm about as far from that as conceivable.