Friday, April 20, 2018

Writing Snacks and Other Nonsense

 
It's Warming Up and I Am, Once Again, Up and At Um
So much has been written about the habits of writers, so much, that I decided to make a list of some of my writing habits. Seems since most who write do it differently than others, we all might be a bit odd – but here we go.

1.  Most of my writing is on my laptop, (touchscreen, no mouse) sitting in my favorite recliner with the television on. (Seldom could I tell anyone details of what was on, I like the noise I guess)
2.  When writing in my office, about 10% of my writing, I also turn on a television
3.  Writing snacks – Salted peanuts, black licorice, dried cherries, hot or iced tea
4.  I always have both fiction, and a nonfiction project going on
5.  My best writing time – afternoon, evening and late – too late
6.  Mornings I use for news, and social media, and new research
7.  I try to walk a mile or more or play golf, usually 9 holes, every day. (When playing golf I ride, I figure I get plenty of steps along with twisting and turning in the 90 minutes I am on the course)
8.  I spend time in my gardens, or out with my cameras, whenever possible
9.  I spend an hour or two each morning reading, outside in the sun when possible
10.              I sign books with a black rollerball pen, I sometimes use fountain pens when I write personal notes from home.
11.              Last, I check my online sales twice a day – morning and evening
12.              Another last, my wife and I take lots of day trips when we do I take one of my cameras, but no writing when we are out enjoying the day.

There you have it,  as Frank Sinatra put it, My Way.
So how do you write? Anything that seems a bit far left or right of the norm?


Feeling Better – Writing More - I am spending more time writing, the past two weeks, than I have for several months. At last, I feel well enough to think and write. Seems the older I get the tougher it is to get through the winters without various health problems. Nothing serious, just the same old, cold and flu stuff, to which I added an ongoing problem with my left foot.

Writing – Still spending most of my time on the third book in my Blade Holmes western mystery series. I changed the tentative title yesterday and also a bit of the focus of the book. Now working on an updated character list and outline of events for my famous marshal.
Reading – Still reading Sioux Dawn, by Terry C. Johnston, also taking my time reading, A Guide to Photographing Rocky Mountain Wildlife, interesting and with so many terrific photos.

Today’s Photo’s – From the mountains 20-30 or so, miles west of town
Keep on reading, and keep on writing, see all of my books on my Amazon author site – here.




No comments: