Sunday, February 8, 2015

Re-Write and Do It Again

The toughest part of writing is writing until its good enough. Writing until the pickiest critic, yourself, is satisfied.
I had someone recently ask me why I have not attempted to publish the four, yes four, books I have written. Easy, they are not good enough. I am continually working on them. When I get rejected I want my best stuff to be rejected, not something I wrote in a few hours.
I actually have enough short stories to put together three more books, but who’s counting?

"Books aren't written, they're rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it..." - Michael Crichton

And if I need inspiration I take a quick trip to the park.


2 comments:

Oscar Case said...

The next re-write is always the best. Nice inspiration photo.

Unknown said...

Great idea to get outside when you need inspiration. I find that surrounding myself with nature or playing my piano refreshes all my creative outlets all at once. I think they're all connected.